Aurora with Firmware: 1.4.32 or higher
Smarter Hub with Firmware: 1.0.7 or higher
iOS App Version: 1.3 or higher
Android App Version: 1.1 or higher
Your own Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, or similar Alexa compatible product
- Set up Aurora or Smarter Hub in the Nanoleaf App
- Navigate to the Settings section in the Nanoleaf App and select Login
- Create an account or sign in (please note that this account is separate from our WebStore account and HelpDesk account, so those logins will not work)
- Check the ‘Sync Data with Nanoleaf Cloud’ checkbox
- In the Alexa App on your smartphone, search for the Nanoleaf skill. Click Enable
- Login with your Nanoleaf Account (the one created in step 3)
- Click Allow
- Return to the Alexa App if it does not automatically redirect.
- Discover your devices:
- Ask Alexa “Alexa, discover my devices”
- In the App, go to Smart Home tab. Scroll down and click "Discover my Devices"
- From there you should be good to go!
My Login isn’t successful
Ensure that you are using the correct login credentials. The login used for the WebStore and the HelpDesk are not the same as the one created in the Nanoleaf App. If you have not created an account through the App, please do so.
Alexa does not discover my Nanoleaf devices
- Ensure you are running the minimum requirements as shown above
- Ensure you have checked the "Sync with this Device" option in Settings in the Nanoleaf App
Alexa is telling me my device is Offline
If Alexa commands fail or the Aurora appears as Offline in the Alexa App, try the following steps:
- Ensure the Aurora is powered on
- Ensure you can control the Aurora from the Nanoleaf App
- Ensure your network is connected to the Internet
- Ensure you are running the minimum software requirements as listed above.
- Try power cycling the Aurora (removing the plug from the wall).
If you are having other issues, you can send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org