You can use the panels straight out of the box without connecting them to the internet or your device. Hundreds of preset Scenes are built into the Controller or Control Square. If you would like to access more features and control your panels with the Nanoleaf App you will need to pair your device, but can do so without the internet using Hotspot Mode. You will however require a connection to the internet if you wish to use Voice Control with a Smart Home Assistant, log in to your Nanoleaf Cloud Account in the Nanoleaf’s App Settings, download new Scenes or Playlists from the Discover Tab, or perform Firmware Updates.
Articles in this section
- Double Tap Support on Canvas, Shapes and Elements
- What is the difference between the triangular Light Panels and Shapes Triangles?
- Can the Light Panels and Canvas Light Squares be combined?
- Do you sell the mounting tape?
- I’m having connectivity or pairing issues
- My panels are unexpectedly turning white
- Can I expand my Nanoleaf setup? How many panels can I use with a single Controller or power supply unit?
- Are Nanoleaf panels and bulbs waterproof?
- I lost my pairing code, where can I find it?
- I am in a University/Dorm/Office, can I use the panels?