For iOS, the process of adding a new User to access and control the Nanoleaf Light Panels is accomplished through HomeKit. You can either do this through the Home App as shown here, or by following the steps below.
- The primary user, who has setup the Nanoleaf Light Panels will open the Nanoleaf App.
- Select the More in the bottom right tab and then selecting Users.
- Type in the e-mail address associated with the iCloud account on the secondary user’s device and select Add or the + button.
- A system notification will appear on the secondary user’s device to of the invitation to share the primary user’s Home. The secondary user can accept this invitation
- Ensure that the secondary user has downloaded the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App and Skip the device setup section.
- Select the More tab and then select the Home button in the top left.
- You will see a list of Homes; select the Home that was shared with you.
This will give you control of the Nanoleaf Light Panels as well as any other HomeKit devices which are in the Home.
For Android users, you do not have to go through this process of adding new users. Simply open the Nanoleaf app and follow the prompts until you see the device in the app. It should have a magnifying glass icon which will allow the Light Panels to be identified. Select that device and input the pairing code.
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Contact us if you still need help.