You can easily setup your Nanoleaf Essentials Bulbs and Light Strips to your Google Nest device by following the steps below:
- Open the Google Home app . Make sure that you have the most recent version.
- At the top left, tap Add Set up device Set up new devices.
- Choose a home in which to set up the light bulb and tap Next.
- Your device will start scanning for nearby devices that are ready for setup.
- Tap Set up smart lights.
- Select the light bulbs or light strips that you’d like to set up. Your bulbs will blink when selected.
- Room selection: Choose what room your bulb is in.
- You can create a custom room by tapping Add custom room type in room name Next.
- Create a unique name. Type in the name for your light that you will use for voice commands. It's recommended to use a name like 'reading light' or 'overhead light'. For best results, don’t include the room in the light’s name. (When you say the room name in a voice command, your Google Assistant -enabled speaker or display controls all the lights in the room.)
- Setting up your smart light. Your light may blink a few times.
- Your light is ready. Tap Done.
- Setup is successful. You can now control your lights with your Google Assistant -enabled speaker or display.
Note: If pairing fails at step 9 or 10, power cycle the Essentials device and press "Try again"
If you need to reset your Nanoleaf Essentials, please click here for further instructions: https://helpdesk.nanoleaf.me/hc/en-us/articles/360058903333-How-To-Facotry-Reset-Your-Nanoleaf-Essentials-