How to enable Hotspot Mode on Nanoleaf ElementsUpdated a year ago
What is Hotspot Mode?
In Hotspot Mode, the Elements Controller will begin to broadcast its own WiFi, with no internet connection. This is ideal if you want to control your Elements with the Nanoleaf App, but not connect to the internet, or for areas where your internet connection may not be very strong.
How to enable Hotspot Mode:
- Press and hold the Rhythm and Power buttons together for 30 seconds.
- All 6 buttons on the Controller will begin to flash 5 times, indicating that Hotspot Mode has been activated and is being broadcasted.
- Go to your device's WiFi settings: the Elements WiFi will appear in the list of available networks as Nanoleaf Elements ####.
- Tap on the Elements WiFi to connect.
- Open the Nanoleaf App > More... > Devices/ My Devices.
- Tap on the "+" icon, then tap "Elements".
- Selecting your Elements device and input the pairing code.
- Name your Elements.
- When you see the “Configure Your Device” screen, rotate the layout on the screen to match your layout in real life.
- Tap “Next” and the pairing process is complete!
You're now a Hotspot hot-shot!