Soft & Hard Resets for Nanoleaf ElementsUpdated a year ago
When to perform a reset?
If your Elements are experiencing any unusual issues, our support team may direct you to perform a soft or hard reset to help solve the problem.
Additionally, as your Elements can only be connected to one WiFi network at a time, the following steps will reset them so they can be configured onto a new network.
Soft Reset: This will reset WiFi and all pairing information for your Elements, but will keep your saved scenes.
- Make sure that your Elements are plugged in to the wall and have booted up.
- Press and hold the Power and "+" buttons for 10 seconds. The LEDs on the Controller will start flashing rapidly.
- Release the two buttons, and after a few moments the Power button LED will remain on and steady.
- Delete your Elements from the Nanoleaf App, and pair again.
Hard Reset: This will reset your Elements to factory settings, deleting all WiFi settings and pairing data. Default Scenes will be restored from the device memory, but your custom Scenes will be deleted.
Note: The Two-Way Sync feature can be used to back up and restore any custom Scenes that you've created.
- Unplug your Elements from the wall.
- Hold the Power and "+" buttons, and continue to hold them together as you plug your Elements back in to the wall.
- Continue holding the buttons until the button LEDs on the Controller light up.
- Once the button LEDs come on, release the buttons. The button LEDs will flash to indicate that a hard reset will take place.
- The Controller will reset to factory defaults and boot up.
- Delete your Elements from the Nanoleaf App, and once the Power button stops flashing you can pair them again.