How Do I Reset My Nanoleaf Canvas?Updated 2 years ago
Your Nanoleaf Canvas can only be connected to one WiFi network at a time. The following steps will reset your Canvas so they can be configured onto a new network or reset to factory settings.
Soft Reset: This will reset WiFi and all pairing information for your Canvas, but will keep your saved scenes.
- Make sure that your Canvas is plugged in to the wall outlet and has booted up (during bootup, all squares are white).
- Press and hold the Power and Dim buttons for 10 seconds. The button LEDs on the control square will start flashing rapidly.
- Release the two buttons, and after a few moments the Power button LED will remain on and steady.
- Delete the previous device from the app and proceed through setup by adding this Canvas as a new device.
Hard Reset: This will reset your Canvas to factory settings, deleting all WiFi settings and pairing data. Default scenes will be restored from the device memory. The Two-Way Sync feature can be used to back up and restore any custom Scenes that you've created. See below.
To perform a Hard Reset:
- Disconnect the system from power (unplug from the wall or the square).
- While holding the Power and Dim buttons, plug the power supply back into power (or the squares).
- Continue holding the buttons down until the button LEDs on the Control Square light up.
- Once the button LEDs come on, release the buttons. The button LEDs will flash to indicate that a hard reset will now take place.
- The Control Square will reset to factory defaults and boot up.
- The Canvas is ready to be set up once the Power Button LED stops flashing and the squares begin cycling through different colours.
Backups with Two-Way Sync
If Two-Way Sync is active for your system, your Nanoleaf Cloud account will back up and restore Scenes that you've created in the event of a Hard Reset.
To use Two-Way Sync, ensure that:
- You're running Nanoleaf App v3.4.0+ and Canvas Firmware 1.3.0+
- You have a Nanoleaf Cloud account and are logged in via the Nanoleaf App
- The Cloud Sync option is toggled on (Settings >> Cloud Sync)
- The Device Sync option is toggled on (Device Settings >> Device Sync)
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Open a ticket if you still need help.